Voiceover Internet Protocol, better known as VoIP, is simply phone service that is transmitted through the Internet. VoIP turns analog phone signals into digital signals that are sent through a simple Internet connection, rather than through traditional phone lines.
VoIP was first introduced to the mass market in 2004 and allows individuals and businesses to plug their phone directly into their broadband Internet connection, much like telephones would plug into a public switched telephone network. Phone calls are able to be transmitted in data packs for a flat monthly fee, rather than the per-minute setup that traditional phone service typically utilizes.
VoIP has surged in popularity since its introduction to the market, with about 31% of businesses using it in 2011 and a prediction by Heavy Reading that 66.6% of businesses will incorporate it by 2015. So what can VoIP do for your emerging business? We’d be happy to break down the benefits for you:
• Enjoy access to dozens of features such as conferencing, call forwarding, voicemail to email and more without having to pay extra fees
• Reduce your local and long distance charges by paying one low monthly fee for all of your calls
• Most VoIP providers offer an online dashboard that allows you to manage all of your voice and data services from one network
• Reduce your travel costs through easy-to-use video calls, online conferencing, and other collaboration tools
• Easily move, add, and change your business and employee contact information in your system as frequently as needed
• Keep connected with your customers, clients and colleagues with mobility features that connect your office phone to your mobile phone
These are just some of the many benefits that VoIP service can bring to your growing business. We enjoy our VoIP service through a U.S. based company called Nextiva. They offer numerous handy features and a knowledgeable, dependable support team…and the best part? We’re saving plenty of money with their low monthly fees! Find out more about Nextiva here.